Happy Halloween!

Around these parts, we love Halloween.  Not because we like all the gory, spooky stuff, but because we’re a family of goofballs and it’s a day to let our creativity run rampant… much like Mike Meyers in a summer camp.

This year after the kids told me early on which costumes they wanted to wear, I, in all my amazing mom-ness, managed to wait until the last minute to try to get them.  Of course, everything was sold out.  Big surprise.  But at least I did it to both of them so no one can claim favorites.

Tess had wanted to be Frankie Stein from Monster High.  And not just any one…. there are several versions.  She wanted the one from the Sweet 1600 Party.  She was very specific. And hugely disappointed that they were sold out.  So we came up with a Plan B: Princess Leia.  Thankfully, it came with the bun wig, making her super enthusiastic and Frankie became a distant memory.

Evan on the other hand decided to be Steve from Blue’s Clues.  We watched a TON of Blue’s when he was little and he even had the green striped shirt.  Once when he was wearing it, two littler kids approached my 5 year old like they were meeting a celebrity.

True story.

The original shirt he selected, was sold out, but we found an alternative.  I can’t believe that we used to have a huge cache of notebooks and crayons and now nothing.  So Evan made his own.  I think it came out pretty well.

As for Tyson and I, well… let’s just say we’re letting our hair down a bit.

Happy Halloween!

xoxo

Thanks, Victoria… I’ll definitely let her know. The wig helped her win the costume contest at school today, which is a pretty big deal for middle school. If you are wanting free snickers in your future, I highly recommend the Princess Leah Bun Hair.

Great costumes! I have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed your Halloween posts… I had the fun without having to do all the work. (thanks, M family)
    By the way … you and Tyson ROCK! Love it. I think pink is your color. Does Loreal do pink? Oh well, synthetic works for me. 🙂
    I remember one year I had this redish/orangy wig and kept finding little strands of red all over the house for weeks. Each time I would giggle remembering the fun we had!
    Happy Halloween!

I’m not gonna lie… I LOVE the pink hair! I think I’ve decided for my mid-life crisis I’m just gonna get crazy with the hair color choices. I’ve gotta dye it like every other day because of the grey so why not?! I’ve always wanted it and never did it when I was younger. Plus there are worse things to do at 40+. I do think I look a bit like a Judd in these pics though.

Happy Halloween, dear friend!

so fun! and “steve’s” props turned out terrific. you guys look like you’re having fun. happy halloweeeeeeeen!!!!

3. Stacy Dunn says:

I know this post is from a few Halloweens ago… but where did you find the Princess Leia costume/wig? The ones I see online don’t look as cute! Thanks!

Hi Stacy, thanks for asking. Honestly the wig came as a part of the costume that we picked up at Target. The wig is really great quality, but the costume was a little sheer so if you end up getting it there, plan on needing to wear all white underneath. Good luck and thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!