Christmas Shopping Adventures

As some of you know, I work part time in my husband’s studio.  And it’s always a good day at the office when I get to do a little shopping on the clock.  So this week was particularly fun as part of my duties included hunting down new merchandise that has been recently released with some of Tyson’s artwork on it.

Christmas Vacation

Last Christmas, Tyson spent many hours working on this art for Warner Brothers.  To see his illustrations popping up in stores around town is really thrilling for our family… not to mention, we are huge fans of the movie “Christmas Vacation”.

To read more about the holiday merchandise round-up, check out this post here.

Shut. Up. My t-shirt that I ordered with that logo on it is arriving next week via my husbands Uncle who is like our Santa from the US. It’s not that one but it’s a Griswold Family Christmas one. Wouldn’t it be funny if your husband designed it? James has a Griswold jersey for God’s sakes!!! I need to show him these. He’d be like you know someone that was commissioned to make the art for it?

Ha! I knew you would get a kick out of this. It’s been really fun for us to have Tyson be involved in this campaign since we are just as big of fans as you guys are. We watched the movie last night. It never gets old and it just isn’t Christmas without it. 🙂

Hey! That’s fantastic to see your husband validated like that… and in such a fun way!!

Is everyone getting that t-shirt for Christmas? It would totally be my gift-solution to the yearly dilemma of what to get my in-laws. 🙂

Dang… That’s a great idea! Tyson also did an illustration of the leg lamp from “A Christmas Story”. I might need to make that my gift of choice next year because nothing says “Merry Christmas” like an illuminated ladies leg in fishnet stockings!

I have no idea how you guys keep from jumping up and down and screaming when you see his work here and there. I’m sure by now you guys are use to his amazing talent but for me it just seems unreal. When I saw his work on that NPR calendar I had a complete spaz attack so to see it here in it’s Griswold glory makes me feel so proud for Tyson!!

Congrats to you all! Did Tyson hang Christmas lights on your house Griswold style this year? I mean you might as well light up the whole neighborhood to celebrate!!

One question. Is it always the unknown for his designs? I mean, do you ever get
    “notice” that something is being used or is it just a huge surprise once you discover it? Maybe that just adds to the excitement…. but I’d be anxious to know. 🙂

Oh… I totally jump up and down and make a huge freakish sight. I’d like to say we were totally cool about it, but we just aren’t. We still can’t get over that he gets to do this stuff sometimes. As far as the kind of heads up we get, it just depends on the project. For NPR, we obviously knew it would be used on the calendar; a one time deal. But on these projects with Warner Brothers, we never know. His art goes into a creative pool and what ever merchandising they dream up, it might or might not get used. The sky is truly the limit. So when our son opened the Target ad and said “Hey, Dad?” it was a complete surprise.

And much to our shame, we no longer do Christmas lights. Tyson did it with his buddies back in the day, but I think as the lights have died, so has the tradition. Might need to invest in some new ones… I miss it!