Retro Revival

Update:  When I shared this earlier, I completely forgot about the Thrift Store Challenge happening over at Young House Love today.  I love a happy accident!  If you are interested in seeing even more thrift store finds, you can check out the challenge here.

Last weekend my girlfriend, Trisha, invited me to go with her to check out a new store opening in Oregon City.  Her friends Suzan Clough and Diana Keith own and run Retro Revival which is located in a historic home and is filled with amazing items from the 50’s, 60’s & 70’s.  Needless to say, I couldn’t wait to check it out.

Each room is styled in a traditional way and there is seriously cool furnishings everywhere you look.  Diana generously allowed me to take photos of some of my favorites to share with you here.  So let’s get to the fun stuff shall we.

We entered through the front door of the home and we were immediately greeted by this gorgeous dining table.

Vintage Dining Table

The gals have a talent for pulling everything together so that you can truly see how something could work in your home.

Dining Room Detail

There are some really unique lamps and I love the serving bowls.

Old School Lighting

The end tables are awesome too.

Living Room

Once we made our way through the living room, we headed to the kitchen. This was Retro Revival’s Grand Opening and they celebrated with what else? Retro snacks. Spam, deviled eggs and celery filled with pimento cheese…. yum!

The Original Spam

We opted for coffee that came from a vintage carafe and enjoyed it out of Corningware cups.

Pre-Starbucks Coffee

We then headed to the three rooms upstairs.  One has been turned into a walk-in closet and there are tons of treasures to be found.

Divine Lime

All the clothing seemed to be in great condition and ready to wear.  And if you’re interested in accessories, there is quite the selection of vintage purses and pill box hats too.

Vintage Accessories

My absolute favorite was this classic muumuu.  It instantly reminded me of Mrs. Roper and her bold style.  Tyson was glad I didn’t buy it, but you can bet I’ll be checking to see if it’s still there on my next visit.

Mrs. Roper

The next room had more household goodies including this sideboard with a marble top. $65 folks… A total steal!  It is in amazing condition and I’m sad we don’t have a place for it in our home.

Marble Sideboard

The Erector Set sitting on top of the sideboard is pretty neat too.

Erector Set

This next photo is specifically for my mom.  They have one lone plate of the Corningware pattern we had when I was growing up.  (Mom, they have the “new” pattern you bought too.)

Corningware

I could go on and on for days about everything that I saw.

Retro Goodness

If you stop by, be sure to also check out Retro Revival’s sister store, Lavendar Hill Cottage.  It’s two doors down and filled with equally great, vintage finds.

They have a sweet children’s room upstairs.

Vintage Dresser

And how awesome would it be to have pink accessories in your kitchen?!

Pink Kitchen Accents

I’ll tell you… it’s SO awesome.  The Pyrex came home with me and I can’t wait to use it this spring.

Pink Pyrex

Have you discovered a cool new store lately?  What is the most unique retro item you’ve found?  Anything you’ve regretted not bringing home?  I think I could totally rock that muumuu!

Retro Revival | 212 14th St., Oregon City, OR 97045 | 503-468-7090.  You can find them on Facebook too.

PS. If this is the first post that you’ve seen since my Moving Day post, you may want to check out what I wrote earlier in the week here.

OMG that kitchen stuff. How super ridiculously cute is that? I’m not even a fan of Pyrex and I LOVE the one you took home. What a great place to visit!

Regrets of not bringing items home? Hmm. Oh wait I have pictures to remind me too.

• admin says:

All the pink was crazy awesome! I’m not necessarily a fan of Pyrex either, but I’m so glad I got it. I was even waffling on it and no I know I would’ve regretted not making the purchase.

What? Tyson didn’t love that muumuu? Why not? I mean, there is room in there for BOTH of you… so he could enjoy it as well. Maybe he needs to SEE it on you, before he appreciates its awesome, magnetic power!

Jealous of the store-owners! How fun would that be?? (although, probably like anything else, not as much fun when YOU are in charge…)

• admin says:

I think the owners are having lots of fun and finding things in the most unusual places. My friend picked up two vintage dress shirts for her husband that Diana said she bought out of a bus! And that muumuu is something else. I’m going back with another friend this weekend and I’m gonna look for it. Time to channel my inner Mrs. Roper!

• admin says:

Isn’t that checked dress so cute?! There are lots of pretty tailored pieces like that there. If you check out the Facebook link, Diana models so truly great ones.

Cool shop! It’s so fun to walk into a space filled with great stuff. If Richie walked in there that Erector set would be SOLD! There’s something really interesting about the two gray/black lamp shades. My eyes keep batting at those. What fun…. and there was even SPAM ( the non-irritating kind )

• admin says:

When I was posting the photo, my eye kept checking out those lamps too. I was so distracted by the sideboard that I didn’t check them out when I was there. A matching set and in great condition, hopefully they’ll still be there this weekend. There was so much incredible stuff that I’m sure I missed a lot.

• admin says:

Thanks… it’s my first piece too. I almost didn’t buy it, but I’m so glad I did. Thanks for stopping by.

4. Kimberly says:

Nice find, that pyrex is awesome!

I have definitely regretted not bringing things home from a thrift store. I once witnessed a man donating a small mid century cabinet and considered buying it off of him before he handed it over but didn’t. Two hours later I went back to retrieve it and it was already gone!

• admin says:

That is such a bummer. Don’t you just kick yourself?! I’m sure it was a well made piece too. Thanks for stopping by.

• admin says:

Thanks, Sam. It’s a really cool place and I can’t wait to see how it develops as their inventory grows. It’s definitely a fun way to utilize a historical home. Thanks for dropping by.

(booo! your posts only showed up on my feed TODAY! WTF!) this looks like a shop i could spend some time in (and $$$!). i want so much of what i see!!

• admin says:

Grrr… I’m not sure what’s happening with the reader, but I’m glad you saw this. You would LOVE some of the clothes she has too. Here is the link to their Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/RetroRevivalOC?fref=ts She models some really great vintage dresses. And everything was really (I thought) reasonable priced. My friend picked up two vintage shirts for her husband (I’ll have to check the name… Ben something) $8 each.

• ScrapAndSalvage says:

OMG i’m so jealous right now. how can i open one of these in pasadena and afford it?! i so want that green dress she’s modelling on FB. i’d be UNSTOPPABLE, danielle! sheeesh!! and imagine if i picked up shirts for my husband (instead of the other way around). he’d freak! thanks for the inspiration!

• admin says:

I know! And you could seriously pull off the green dress… early Valentine’s present? Who needs red. But I liked the red dress too. Such amazing stuff. I don’t know how they do it, but they are having a lot of fun doing it.