Blogiversary

Today is the one year anniversary of Storypiece.  Wahoo!

Happy Blog Birthday

I can’t believe I’ve been hanging out here for an entire year.  If I had my stuff together, I’d have a giveaway (for you) or cake (for me) or something awesome that says “Let’s Celebrate!”  But after the last two weeks of moving this blog, I’m just grateful to still be here.

On my very first post I wrote:

One of my favorite things about our home is that when I look around it, it truly is a reflection of the people that live here.  The colors, the decor, and especially the furnishings… they all come with a backstory.  Some things we inherited from family or friends, some things we made, and some things are just pure randomness that we couldn’t live without.  And I often think… “If only these walls could talk?!”

It is my hope that with this blog that maybe they can.  This is a place to discuss the history or journey a piece has taken.  And not just in my home, but in yours too.  Some items may have a more colorful past than others… but all have a unique beauty because of the story they tell. Thanks for joining me here and welcome to Storypiece!

It took me about three days to get those two paragraphs down and I’m proud to look back and feel exactly the same.  But when I wrote that, I had no idea that this blog would become so much more to me.

Over the course of writing 100+ posts, I’ve made an amazing community of friends and been SO encouraged.  I’ve seriously laughed, cried and prayed for people that I have not physically met.  I’m continuing to let go of what others think of me and to let go of fear.

I’m hugely thankful for this creative outlet.

Thank you for sharing in our story and following on our silly little journey.  Are you ready for another year?  Me too.  Next year there will be cake for sure.

Cheers!

WOO HOO! Cheers to one year! I still remember when I saw your blog name for the first name and I thought what a great name and I still think it’s one of my all time favourites. 🙂

• admin says:

You are so funny… thanks! Trying to come up with a blog name was like trying to name a kid… I didn’t want to mess it up and had a laundry list of ideas. Now I can’t imagine it being anything else. Thanks for making this last year so fun. You are the milk ice cube in my Bailey’s. 🙂

I am grateful to know that it took you three weeks to write a few introductory paragraphs!! When I started, and it took me forever to get anything down, I was like—this is NOT an auspicious start to a blog…something that is supposed to be easy and off the cuff!

I’m so glad to have found your very warm blog and personality. Your site is so welcoming, and I know your home is too. Happy Anniversary!!!

• admin says:

It still takes me far too long to write a post and it took me about two months of saying “I’m not really a writer” before Tyson told me to knock it off because apparently I was.

I’m hugely grateful that you found your way here. You continue to brighten my world… but that might because I envision that you are continually shrouded in disco ball light every where you go.

3. Gilit says:

What a lovely post. As always I love how honest and genuine you are. Congrats on the milestone! Now you and the blog should go out for drinks

• admin says:

Okay… you totally made me laugh! I think sometimes my family can well imagine me out for drinks with my laptop… just the two of us. Going for a walk on the beach after. That’s not weird, right?

4. littleprince68 says:

Danielle, your first post really got me, it went straight inside me..I’m so happy I followed you on that day and I will always do. The story continues in every piece. Congratulations!!!

5. Cameron {The Stimson Chronicles} says:

Yay!!! Happy 1st Anniversary!!! I’m so happy to have met you in this crazy world of social media and blogs! I love it because I’ve made friends in unlikely places that I never would have met otherwise. I love that you have a honest voice in everything you write, and though we haven’t met in real life, I like to hope that one day we will! 🙂

• admin says:

Cameron… you completely bless my socks off with your friendship and spirit. I’m so very thankful that our paths have crossed. Our family has always talked about doing a cross-country trip in an RV and now I’m starting to think there will need to be blogger stops along the way. You would definitely make the “must stop and see” list. 🙂

Happy Anniversary, Danielle. I didn’t get this post so I’m going to try one more time with the sign up. Fingers crossed! The things is… even if it didn’t work it couldn’t keep me away from this place… your place… a blog that is as beautiful and fun as the person writing it. I’m so happy to have found you in the sea of blogs out there. Sometimes you stumble across one, and you just know…. this is good stuff!

Thanks for all the wonderful posts, the stories of home and life. May there be many many more on your new self-hosted site. And I just ate a chocolate bar to celebrate. Although I NEVER need an excuse for a chocolate bar… but I appreciate you giving me one. Congrats.

• admin says:

I’ve got you! I’ve got you on my subscription list!! Now as long as I don’t push anymore buttons, we should be good.

And you are the best, my friend! Thank you for… well… everything! I owe you WAY more than chocolate. Richie should take you to dinner. And at the nice place… the one that you have to order the chocolate dessert when you first sit down because it takes them that long to whip up the awesomeness. Hmmmmm… chocolate. What was I saying?

Oh yeah, I adore you!

7. Sharon says:

Hi Danielle,

Congratulations on your one year anniversary! I too love reading your postings. You have such a kind and generous spirit and it comes out in your writing. Cheers to many more years!

• admin says:

Thank you, Sharon. You are so sweet and it means the world to me that you read all my ramblings. We need to catch-up soon. I miss seeing your beautiful face!