What Will You Find?

Happy Monday!

Tomorrow is the big day for my first ever link party and you all are invited.

Link-up Party Graphic

For those that missed the big announcement, just drop back by here tomorrow with a Favorite Find from the week.  It can be anything! You get to decide what makes it your favorite.  A delicious recipe?  Incredible book?  New organization system?  The possibilities are endless.  Seriously.

Need a little preview?

This past weekend, Tess was invited to a birthday party.  Being the technologically savvy girl that she is, she decided to use Google Maps to get directions to her friend’s house. And being the creative kid that she is, she decided to follow the “street view” from our house to where the party was.

Then I heard, “Hey Mom… Do you know there’s a photo of you on Google Maps?”

Excuse me?!

Sure enough… it looks like Google Maps caught us driving down the street.

Google Maps Photo

Now the photos are too grainy to tell who is driving or in the passenger seat.  The license plates are blurred out and in all honesty, I can’t verify if this is truly our car.  But it’s less than a quarter mile from our home and has the same specialty wheels that ours has, so yeah… it’s probably us.

Google Maps Photo Detail

How crazy is that?!  And a little too 1984 for me.  I’ve always contended that George Orwell would be blown away by today’s culture of status updates and “look what I’m eating” photos. (Says the girl sharing herself on a web journal.)  But getting yourself captured on the internet without your knowledge is… unnerving.  It’s safe to say that this is my weirdest find.  But not my favorite.  You have to come back for that.

So let me hear about your Favorite Find of the week.  The party is tomorrow and I can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to.  If you’ve never been involved in a link party, that’s okay too.  Just come back ready to share a link to your favorite find.  I’ll have a space all set-up for you to share it.  Then tell all your family and friends where the party is at.  I’ll be partnering with Victoria and Karen to share in all the Favorite Find love.  It’s a great time to meet some new bloggers and see some interesting things.

Have you discovered anything truly weird this week? Have you been searching high and low for something amazing to share at the party?  Do you have so many Favorite Finds that you don’t know how you are going to choose just one? No? Well, come to the party anyway.  There’s nothing sadder than a woman sitting around alone waiting for her friends to show up to her party.  Don’t let me be that woman.

Other stories you might enjoy:

1. Victoria • Restoring our Victorian says:

Pretty sure all of this is exactly what Orwell predicted. Minus the talking pigs…

My post for tomorrow is so incredibly long, people may fall asleep before they get to the end to linkup. I can’t wait to see what your treasure is!!! And if no one else shows up, more champagne for us.

• admin says:

You always know how to find the bubble-filled silver lining.

PS. We watched Mad Men on AMC. Every single time a commercial came on, I could only hear Don pitching it to the client. My favorite was American Airlines actually had Jon Hamm do their voice over for the commercial so it WAS like listening to Don Draper sell the idea. Marketing genius!

• admin says:

Yay!! You just made my day that you will be dropping by tomorrow to share. Can’t wait to see what it is!

That’s hilarious! I bet it is YOU! Google got Richie in the front of our old house with a dust mask on. We were sanding/refinishing our floors and some friends stopped by so he’s in the front yard with them too. It’s kind of creepy and makes me laugh out loud.
    Looking forward to your find. Wish I could take part… I’m so swamped.

• admin says:

That is pretty great!! You’ve got to do a screen capture of that because it’s just so random. The weirdest part is I’m sure Richie had no idea that it was happening. I mean what if he had been picking or itching or scratching or bent over pulling weeds with his caboose in the air like I was a few weekends ago. Oh no… now I’m breaking into a cold sweat! You know there is going to be a lawsuit over that kind of thing within our life time.

My dear… you are greatly missed from my blog reader and I hope you guys are doing well. You and Richie always find the coolest items, I’m sad you won’t be able to join in the fun. Hopefully this won’t be the last party. 🙂

HA! that is very 1984 spooky. impeccable timing on google’s part!

i read about this last week and then forgot about it! so sorry. host another party soon because i have never done anything like this before and think it would be fun (if i could figure out what to do).

• admin says:

I know, right? It’s pretty crazy and totally random that we saw it.

No worries on the party. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to host another one soon. In the meantime, the party will be open all week and you can link-up any time. When the post goes live tomorrow, you can see how it all works and join in on the fun if you want. It’s pretty easy once you try one.