Inspired By: Yellow

Periodically, I find a color that really speaks to me. I don’t know what it is, but it just stands out and I see it everywhere.

Recently, that color has been yellow.

Inspired By: Yellow

Sunny, bright and full of cheer, it’s hard to not take notice of yellow.

Typically, I’m not the kind of girl that fills her world with this primary color.  However, any of these pieces would make my day.

What about you?  Is your world made brighter by this shining hue?  Do you have it splashed throughout your home or wardrobe?  Have you discovered a color that stands up and demands to be noticed?

I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.

**If you are a subscriber to this blog, you may have received an early version of this post that I accidentally published last night.  That, my friends, is my learning curve on full display. And no matter how loudly you shout “NO!” at your computer screen, there is no undo when it comes to that publish button.   Good times in Blogland!

Have a great weekend!

Yellow does feel like summer and since I’m ready for the gray skies of Portland to disappear, I think I’m wanting to surround myself with it… like I can will the summer weather to arrive by embracing yellow. Ha! If only it were that easy. Oddly enough I have absolutely no yellow in my wardrobe. Might need to change that.

So pretty! Okay, Danielle, your next post needs to be YOU on that bench with your nails painted yellow holding that Marc Jacobs handbag. Fabulous, dahling!

Summer makes me want to bring color to my life too. Great picks. (I’m serious about those yellow nails!) 🙂

That is a very fun idea… especially if I get to invest in that handbag! I wonder if Tyson would go for that kind of purchase since it’s a “necessity for the blog”. 😉

Much to Tessa’s dismay, I have never done yellow nails. I kinda like this bold yellow more than the pastel that I’ve seen. Might need to give it a try.

• stacey says:

Yes, yes, …. a blog necessity. All for research! HA HA!
        I have one of his tote bags and it’s my go to. All the right amount of pockets and none of the useless bells and whistles. Simple and perfect. YES, it’s calling you.

I’m always debating painting my nails a weird color and then I get “yellow”. (da da dum). I’m working on doing a french manicure myself. The left hand always looks great and the right hand looks like a 3 year old did it!

I’m counting on seeing those yellow nails. Summertime fun!

2. Victoria • Restoring our Victorian says:

I laughed so hard at your description of posting accidentally… that’s one of my many, random, blogging-paranoias. I REALLY think there should be a checkpoint… where you get a popup that says—are you SURE you want to publish this??

I’ve been weirdly into orange lately. Not really as a color to wear on a t-shirt… more as an accent.

Happy first-real-weekend-of-summer!!

I totally thought of you when it happened!! Truth be told, I was publishing from Polyvore and when they asked me if I was ready to publish it to my site, I seriously thought “surely, they’ll save it to a draft even though they are asking me to publish it”. No such luck. Apparently they haven’t learned to read my mind yet.

I’ve since found the draft button. 🙂

Oooh… orange is finding it’s way into my decor too. Look for it in an upcoming post. I got all rebellious with an orange plate. It makes me happy.

oh dang! we could do a swap! my yellow egg chair outfit and your yellow nail polish! 😀 i love yellow. and you’re right, it’s especially appropriate for this time of year. so happy. perhaps with a splash of teal….

Deal! Especially if your outfit comes with the chair… Ha! Teal is another color that I’m crushing hard on right now. The two together would be perfection!

Ha! I know… I feel the same way about the Michael Kors bag. My round-up was definitely NOT budget friendly, but it was fun window shopping. 🙂

4. Lauren @ The Thinking Closet says:

I’m so paranoid about accidentally clicking “publish” one of these days. It’s SO going to happen. And my drafts are ALL over the place (I usually do a lot of freewriting that ends up deleted)…so that’s going to be loads of “fun” for my readers. And lots of embarrassment for me. Way to have a sense of humor about it, though…and the post turned out lovely! (Yellow is a color close to my heart. I walked down the aisle to Jem’s cover of Coldplay’s “Yellow.” Sigh. Now you have me waxing nostalgic, Danielle!)

That’s so cool! What a great song to be connected to such a special day.

I’ve accidentally hit publish twice now. You just have to laugh. Blogging is such a crazy medium, if I didn’t laugh I wouldn’t be able to ever hit publish. 🙂

5. Kristi Akers says:

I have caught the yellow bug too! A few weeks ago I redid our bathroom in grey and yellow – am loving it! I am still looking for some yellow picture frames, may have to make or paint my own. I’ll have to post pics! Love the post!

Oooh… can’t wait to see it. I love how yellow and grey look together! If you ever want to share pics of the update here, let me know.