Making the Most of It

Once Upon A Time…

…. I went on vacation with my favorite girl.

Vacation Bound | Storypiece.net

And on Day Two of the trip, I walked into a boat prop and cut open my leg ending all poolside fun in the sun activities.

Growing up around boats and hearing countless reminders to “watch the prop”, it felt supremely brilliant to injure myself in our friend’s garage… on dry land.

I get bonus points in the smarts department for refusing to go the doctor and choosing denial as my brand of treatment.

Luckily, all of my wise decision making is only leaving me with a nasty scar… and a brand new Facebook page for Storypiece.

That’s right… since I’m vacationing in 120+ degree temps, I’ve had numerous hours to spend indoors with my laptop.

I’ve been busy working on tons of blog/tech stuff and I’ve created a Facebook page for those that like to get their blog content that way.

Storypiece Facebook Page | Storypiece.net

What can you expect with the new page?  Great question!

In addition to the latest blog posts, I will be sharing what’s going on behind the scenes with each project.  So if you want more of the story, please check out and like my page.  Feel free to share it with friends.  Leave comments, suggestions or random observations.  Tease me about boats… it’s all good.

For those that have already liked the page, you have my hearty thanks.  You totally bless my socks off!

For those that haven’t… carpe diem, baby!

As of this morning, Google Reader is officially leaving us all behind.  Now is a great time to make sure that you are still keeping up with your favorite blogs.  If I’m one of them and you’re not on Facebook, you can also follow along with any of the buttons below:

Bloglovin’            RSS                  Email            Instagram           Twitter

Bloglovin | Storypiece.net           rss           mail           instagram           twitter

How will you be keeping up with your favorite blogs?  Where is your “go-to” vacation destination?  What is the dumbest way you’ve injured yourself?  Come on now… I’m not the only one with such mad skills.

xoxo ~The End

1. Victoria • Restoring our Victorian says:

I cracked a rib on the first day of our beach vacation last year… when the boogie board smashed into the ocean floor, and my rib cage smashed into the edge of the board.

I will say this for the earth– that stuff is SOLID.
    It was a pretty good way to ruin any kind swim/bike fun.
    And made me feel too old for boogie boards.

p.s.
    I LIKE you.
    I really, really, really like you!!!

Ouch!! I haven’t been on a boogie board in years. I literally had a moment when I hit the prop that I thought, “there’s no way my leg will be bleeding… it’s just going to be a nasty bruise”. I’m super glad you like me because apparently I have a monster ego that believes it can mentally decide the type of injury my body is going to sustain. Too bad that’s not a real super power… I could’ve used that when I gave birth.

PS. I really, really, really like you too!!!

yowza!! no fun! hope you’re doing better, glad you kept your sense of humor and happy to like your FB page 😀

Thanks, Tamara! I really appreciate the encouragement. I felt so abundantly dumb, I had to turn it into a “I meant to do that” moment. 🙂

And LIKE. Lol. Oh man. Isn’t it insane how many social media outlets you “have” to be on just to function for a blog – Instagram, FB, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, StumbleUpon, Vine – oh yeah and then your blog. Who needs an actual blog, just have every other account and post all the content from that onto the actual blog as blog content….oh wait people already do that…my bad.

Cute picture of you and Tessa! How fun to go on a little vacay with your girl. And how awesome are you for turning a “mishap” into something positive. I’m sure you’ll love the facebook thing… it seems like everyone does (except me!) HA HA! I thought about you yesterday when you showed those 120 degree temps on instagram. It was only in the high 80’s with 55% humidity. UNHEARD OF FOR TEXAS! I don’t think in all my 45 years of life I’ve ever heard of a cold front moving in during July. Crazy weather. Glad you enjoyed your trip and hope you heal up quick. You know I already LIKE you without LIKING you. You rock!

Wow… you guys are normally baking too. Enjoy the cooler temps… I’m sure it’s perfect for spending time in your fabulous yard.

PS.Having mid-mod withdrawals. Miss you and your retro inspired adventures.

5. Kristen @ Inspired Whims says:

My hubby just introduced me to the free Flipboard app for the iphone…so I think that will be my new way to keep up with blogs. It makes all your blogs show up in a tidy almost-magazine like, clean, graphic, and easy format. You just have to search for the url of each blog and select the RSS feed from the search results, then add it to your clipboard. Once you add the blogs you want, they’re available to you each day when you click on the app.

I’ll be honest… I LOVE the layout of Flipboard. It’s so pretty and the magazine like layout is really cool. But sometimes it was temperamental and would stop updating some of the blogs I was following. I’m not sure why. I would get so frustrated when I discovered I’d missed stuff. It’s been a awhile since I used it, so please let me know if you have any issues. I do miss the format and might be tempted to switch back. 🙂