Inspired By: Summer Color 2013

A few weeks ago I shared my round-up of yellow inspiration.  I’m typically not a huge fan of the sunny color and I was hoping the post would get it out of my system.  Instead that passion has continued to grow.  It has become a full-fledge love affair with a vibrant color palette that I can’t deny.  So now that summer has finally arrived in the Pacific Northwest, it’s time I proclaim my color crush of the season!

Inspired By: Summer Color 2013

Sources: Kate Spade Ring / Martha Stewart Collection Drinkware / Pier One Paper Lanterns Set / Fiesta Vase / Heart Pink Hook Pillow / Fiesta Dinnerware / Kate Spade iPhone CaseCB2 Club Lemongrass ChairEssie Nail Polish /

I normally gravitate toward the jewel tones in the color spectrum.  Deep purple, rich red… I like the dark drama and that often trickles into the color choices I make in decorating our home.  But yellow, along with bright blue, hot pink and orange make me want to kick off my winter boots and splash around in the sprinklers!

My plan is to showcase each of these cheery hues throughout the summer.  If you’re already decorating with them or feeling inspired by this palette, I want to hear from you.   Share your favorites and I’ll be happy to feature you here.

What colors are you drawn to the most?  Have you ever embraced a color outside your comfort zone?  I wonder if Tyson would consider a yellow chair in the family room?

1. Gilit @ Shoes Off Please says:

I LOVE IT! A perfect, cheery summer palette. I love love purple, but painting the dining room felt like a risk for me and I am so glad I took it! (And obviously I love Tessa’s room and wish it was mine)

Bold colors are just so fun, aren’t they?! I’m hoping to partner up some of these summer colors with the darker ones I decorate with year round.

2. sketchystyles says:

I love that you’re not afraid of colour!

I’m with you on yellow. Historically I’ve never loved it but it’s my new colour crush. It’s just so…..pretty!

Although I remain a sucker for anything aqua or hot pink. You show me accessories in those colours and I’ll show you my credit card!

Ha! That’s exactly how I’m feeling about aqua and hot pink right now. I’m hoping to incorporate them a little more. I “need” a seasonal summer look in our home right? It seems only reasonable to have something out before the fall decorations come out of storage. 🙂

So fresh and pretty! Love that pillow. It reminds me of Alexander Girard.
    Okay, this nail color I think you could handle, Danielle. You’d look so “pretty in pink”!

Isn’t that pillow great?! I’ve seen the heart on sweaters this last winter and loved it, but wasn’t sure I’d love wearing it. This pillow is the perfect alternative to me. And yes, I’m definitely a pink nail girl (plus a “Pretty in Pink” fan… Team Duckie, of course!), but you’d be so proud… I’m rockin’ the neon orange right now. So fun!!

Ha! That’s exactly how I feel… shocked in a deliriously happy sort of way. And you have that whole new basement begging for fun accents. Could yellow be one of them??

Oh my goodness… you just made my day! Literally!! I think I need to come by and start taking pics of your place… unless you’re starting up your own blog again. 🙂