Pottery Girls

Ceramic Painting | Storypiece.net

Last weekend while my guys were off camping, Tess and I had a little girl time together.  We caught up with some friends for a bit of pottery fun.  We met up at a local ceramics shop and spent the afternoon chatting and painting.

Greenware | Storypiece.net

Painted Pottery | Storypiece.net

Glazes | Storypiece.net

Tess picked out an owl mug and I found a simple bowl to paint with my Summer Color Favorites.  I haven’t painted pottery since I was Tessa’s age.  In fact when I was in middle school, my best friend and I started our own business painting ceramics and selling the pieces at flea markets.  It was a short lived adventure, but one I loved.

Glazed Greenware | Storypiece.net

I was definitely rusty, but it was so great to share something that I once was truly passionate about with my daughter.  Hopefully, it won’t be quite as long before we get to do this again.

Hooty Hoo | Storypiece.net

Taffy Bowl | Storypiece.net

Have you recently been to a ceramics or art class? What is something you did as a kid that you haven’t done in a long time?  Any big plans for the weekend?

You can also find me at:

Best of the Weekshowoff_badge1

1. Pam says:

That is quite a shop. I love the owl mug. How nice for you and Tess. LIndsey and I did that once with a bunch of moms and daughters and it was so much fun. There is nothing like a little girl time.

It was quite the shop with so much to choose from. Tess was cute though… she immediately said “There’s a lot I can do with that owl.” She got more creative with it than I would’ve and I think it came out amazing. 🙂 It was fun to get the girl time together and we will definitely be back.

2. Kristen @ Inspired Whims says:

Adorable! Looking forward to doing this some day with my little girl…maybe I’ll wait til she’s a bit older. I’m thinking a 3 year old and ceramics could be a recipe for disaster, at least for the store itself.

It was seriously fun to do as a “grown-up” activity, but if your daughter likes to paint already, I would give it a whirl. True, there are some fragile items, but our store just had them on the one wall. And a plate down in her own colorful creation would be so cute!

3. A Little Claireification says:

That owl is sooo cute, Danielle! It’s been a while since I have painted pottery – so fun!

On behalf of Lisa, Cindy & myself, thanks so much for sharing this at our “Best Of The Weekend party”! I have pinned this to our party board.
    We hope to see you again when the party kicks off again Friday eve at 8PM EST.
    Have a great week!
    xo

Thanks Claire! We had a lot of fun. And thank YOU for hosting the party. It’s always great to meet new people and see what they are up to. Looking forward to the next party.

Let me tell you, it was SO nice to be able to go somewhere else that had all the supplies and be creative. (read messy) Plus I don’t have to store all the supplies after. 🙂 They also offer a mosaic class that I’m eager to check out.