Inspired By: Gold

Gold Decor Trends | Storypiece.net

Inspiration can strike anywhere and yesterday it hit me in the middle of Crate & Barrel.  I had just met a friend for lunch and was running some quick errands when I saw it there on a shelf.  It literally stopped me in my tracks.

Then I saw it in Target.  The “it” I speak of is: Gold.

I get so excited when I come across something that makes me pause… especially when it’s something that I’m not normally into.  Like my new found love of yellow, gold has given me a rush!

Normally, I’m not a golden girl.  I’m a loyal fan of silver… brushed, hammered, polished… even white gold.  But yellow gold… not so much.  I’ve seen this shining trend beginning to emerge in magazines and online and I was prepared to dig in my heels and not like it.   However, a girl can change her mind and I find these gold elements perfect for fall:

Investing in Gold

As I worked on this post a few things stood out to me about this gold trend:

1. Matte it up: A shiny gold is nice, but a little goes a long way.  Gold mattes allow you to work in a lot more of the gold trend without going all Midas on the space.

2. Keep it Natural: Leaves, pinecones, animals…. going with gold finishes on items found in nature keep the trend feeling fresh and classic.

What do you think of the gold trend?  Are you excited by this golden age? What trends are you looking forward to this fall?

Ha… thanks! It’s just striking to my silver loving heart. And it’s amazing how many things it goes with, especially the matte. Btw, I love it in your logo. 🙂

Oh goodness… I HAVE HATED GOLD FOR YEARS! I was all about the silver. Polished, matte, nickel, chrome … just like you. But I too am really feeling this “gold rush”. I think maybe you’re right. It’s the shade or something. It’s not cheap but rich and dreamy with more brown tones than yellow. Love your choices here. I’d take any and all of those.

Awwww…. my kindred spirit! I love those dreamy (brown) tones over the harsh bright (yellow) gold. What caught my eye at Crate & Barrel were these new tea light holders that they have just released. They are a pretty blingy gold, but still in those brown tones and they are paired with a matte black… a gorgeous combination! I wasn’t able to to find them online so I’ll be heading back to Instagram them.

2. Alex says:

I’m with Stacey, I cringe. But gold in autumn and even Christmas is really nice. As is copper. Now brass on the other hand. It’s just not going to happen in my house. Ever.

Now that you say that about Christmas, I have been working in a little more gold into my holiday decor. It’s more of a silvery gold though so I’m not sure that counts. 🙂

Never say never about the brass… it could be next year’s trend that catches YOU by surprise. Ha!

You, my friend, are the one exception to the rule. I totally thought of you as I wrote this post… You pull off gold like no one else! I’m not sure that any one could pull off a portal to Narnia and Downton Abbey, but you make that work in a beautiful way too. Shine on!!