There’s No Place Like Home

Crafting In Oz | Storypiece.net

Next year The Wizard of Oz is celebrating their 75th anniversary and in honor of the event, I was recently asked to tell you about a new line of Wizard of Oz crafts.  Being HUGE fans of the Wizard, I am thrilled to be invited to the party!

The package that was sent over was filled with a variety of craft options.  If you have young Oz fans in your life, Darice has a huge selection of projects to keep your creative ones busy.

Oz Crafts | Storypiece.net

When my kids were little, I always tried to incorporate whatever they made into our home decor.  Especially during the various holidays when they would bring home arts and crafts from school, it was important to me to proudly display it, but to also do so in a way that complimented whatever else was going on in the space.  Although it’s been some time since Evan and Tess have brought home projects like that, when all of the Oz supplies showed up at my door, I quickly recalled my days of combining my two favorite worlds.

Oz Craft - Detail | Storypiece.net

To incorporate one of the Oz projects into our fall decor, I pulled out this vintage book to go with my kid friendly craft.

The Wonder City of Oz | Storypiece.net

It’s my understanding that the book is a sequel to the original Oz Story and it’s highly treasured in our home since Tyson received it from his grandparents.

The pen and ink illustrations are stunning and give even more insight into the colorful characters that L. Frank Baum envisioned.

Oz Drawings | Storypiece.net

A few pumpkins and raffia and we have a new autumn vignette in our living room.

Oz Decor | Storypiece.net

Autumn Details | Storypiece.net

Autumn Decor | Storypiece.net

Are you all set with fall decorations around your place? How do you showcase your children’s crafts in your home decor?  So let’s hear it…. which is your favorite character from The Wizard of Oz?

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, but the opinions within are 100% mine.  You can find the line of The Wizard of Oz crafts at most retailers like Jo-Ann’s and Michaels.  Also if you are a fan of Darice, you can follow along with them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram.

The illustrations are surprisingly dark! We have a Mother Goose book from Tyspn’s grandparents too. I started reading it to the kiddos when they were little and quickly stopped. That was a whole ball of freaky!

1. Kelly Creason says:

So cool. So that straw-like stuff is called raffia? Who knew? Well, you did, obviously. LOL I am as far away from crafty as one could be. You should rent yourself out to people like me who would love to decorate but haven’t a clue where to start. 🙂

You are too kind! Whenever, I help friends out, I find I’m fairly useless. I never want to “tell them what to do”… it feels too imposing. Silly, I know. 🙂

I’ve always known it as raffia and it is the best! It’s fun to dress up gifts with and one bag lasts FOREVER. I bought mine at Michael’s a gazillion years ago.

I LOVE IT! I don’t care how many times I read it or saw it… you never tire of the Wizard of OZ! It’s a classic and definitely a FALL staple. That book is awesome, Danielle. I can almost smell it. (I love the smell of old books).

I was born in Kansas and Richie loves to tease me and call me Dorothy. Sometimes I really wish I could click my heels three times and be done with my home. Love your fall decor!!

That is so fun! Now, I’ve got to know… are you a fan of only the classic? What did you think of the recent Oz and have you seen Wicked? I’m on a mission to see Wicked the next time I get a chance.

PS. I would so LOVE to borrow those magic shoes to finish our home with!

Thanks! I was super excited that it all came together with a book that we already love having displayed in our home.

And thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

3. Rose Powell says:

How neat! I’ve never seen the books before! I’d love to read them to my children! I’m going to have to find them. Vintage books make for GREAT decor and when you’re combining two elements together, there is nothing better than vintage and new!

You are so right! I love incorporating meaningful pieces with new on-trend elements. That’s what this site is all about! Thanks for reading. 🙂