Happy Monday! I hope you had a fabulous weekend and are ready for a *tiny* reality check. It may not be popular to discuss before Halloween, but it needs to be addressed.
There are 10 shopping weeks until Christmas!
If you’re like me, you are the primary shopper, wrapper and preparer for the holiday season. All that goes into it is important to you and there are moments where sanity can get tossed out the window in a big ball of tangled tinsel.
Several years ago, I learned to save our bank account and to avoid at least one tearful breakdown, if I started working on things early, it would be a merry Christmas indeed. I’ve also been blessed with a girlfriend who shares this passion and texts me throughout the season to get it all wrapped up (pun intended) by Thanksgiving.
Now before you click close on your browser window, know that I NEVER get it all done by Thanksgiving. But with that target date, I’m generally ready by the time my kids are off school for winter break.
So to kick-off the next 10 weeks, I’ve got a new series: The Storypiece Holiday Gift Guide.
Each Monday, I will be sharing a new gift guide based around a different theme. If you like to do all of your shopping on December 24th, then this may not be the series for you and we can still be friends. I’ve got more Halloween fun coming later this week.
However, if you’re looking to get a jump start on some creative gift ideas for your family and friends, I hope this sparks your imagination.
Let’s get started…
If you have someone on your shopping list who is an avid reader then this is the guide for you!
- Top 10 for Men – This book contains over 250 lists of top 10’s that will capture your guys attention.
- Mad Men The Illustrated World – Mad Men was not only a well written TV show, but it perfectly captured the style of the 60’s. This book takes the iconic look to a whole new level.
- Kindle Case – This cover makes your e-reader look like an actual book.
- The One Year Book of Inspiration for Girlfriends – The perfect compliment to the very popular Yes, Please and #GirlBoss.
- Monogram Bookmark
- All Around the World – Book of Stickers
- Goodnight Mr. Darcy – For the mom that loves Pride and Prejudice, but finds herself reading Goodnight Moon.
- Tin Man Tote
- DoodleLit – The perfect pairing of art and literature.
Even though I don’t read as much as I’d like, I love books… especially when combined with stellar art. And if you want to wrap it all up in style, here are a couple of items that can complete your gift for The Reader on your list.
- First Lines Literature Mug – Enjoy a great book with a warm drink in a mug with iconic opening lines.
- Cozy sherpa throw
- Felt tote – Barnes & Noble has an awesome deal on these totes that can double as a gift bag.
For even more ideas for the friends and family on your holiday shopping list, please check out my other gift guides:
- For The Techie
- For The Pet Lover
- For The Entertainer
- For The Foodie
- For The Crafter
- For The Gamer
- For The Gardner
- For The Writer
- For The Traveler
**This post contains some affiliate links. Many of the items listed can be found locally or through other sites, but the links have been provide for your convenience.**