Blogtober!

Happy 1st day of October!

It’s been beautiful in the Pacific Northwest and I’m jumping back into things after spending a few days on the coast.  It’s definitely my happy place!

Last week, I was able to set-up all of my fall decorations.  I love how our home looks this time of year.

And even though we’ll hit up the pumpkin patch later in the month, we picked up some pumpkins for the front porch to make the area more festive.

But as we move into October, it’s time to look back at the Fat Mum Slim Instagram Photo-a-day Challenge for September.  Once again I got crazy behind, but I was still able to get some fun photos.

Also, Tyson has been using Instagram more and some of my favorites that he took this month include:

My girl cooking pancakes for the guys.

My son looking stylish for Homecoming.

My guys at Oktoberfest.

Why exactly do we celebrate Oktoberfest in September?  I’ve never understood that and it becomes a topic of discussion in our home every year.  Also, in other bits of randomness… we’ve been noticing the way October gets played with in store promos like “Rocktober” and “Bricktober”.  I’m suddenly on the hunt for more creative “…tober” mentions.  What’s the most interesting twist you’ve seen on “October”?  And as always, are you playing along with the Photo-a-day Challenge? Let me know in the comments below.

Linking Up to Get Outta My Head, Please and all their fun fall festivities.

good lookin’ fam! this is my favorite time of year. i can’t wait until los angeles starts feeling like your house looks!

I didn’t realize that you are in LA! I grew-up in the Whittier/La Habra area and still have lots of family and friends there. They’ve all been complaining about the heat you’ve been having. I hate to say it, but I think Portland is getting all the lovely weather you normally have. Hope you cool down soon.

The guys in their hats is such a great picture!
    I have no “tober” variations, but I just saw a DIY pumpkin keg that seemed both a fantastic idea and kind of odd. A neat addition to a Halloween party, but wouldn’t it be kind of slimy in there?

Okay… ewwww! There are just somethings that should never go together and one of those things is pumpkin and beer. Ha! But thanks for sharing. I think it would be very slimy and I think it would ruin things to have pumpkin pulp in your beer. 🙂

Danielle your home looks so pretty! Love how you decorated the mantle. Makes me ready for some fall leaves and leather boots! The mums and the pumpkins always scream OCTOBER for me. I’m an October baby so it’s definitely my favorite time of the year. The “grams” are always fun …you got some great shots.. YET AGAIN!

I already behind and didn’t get the Day 1 | October photo which was “From Where I Stand”. It must have been weighing heavily on my brain because last night I had a dream that Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale were moving into our neighborhood and I literally thought, “I wonder if they’d take a photo with me because that would be be the best Day 1 photo EVER.” I might need an intervention. Did you guys get to see Morrissey?

• Stacey says:

HA HA! What a great dream! They would totally take a picture with you. Be sure to stand next to Gavin.. I’ve had a thing for him since his Bush days. YUM!
        It would be your best day… which would then become mine. (giggle)

Morrissey is in December. I picked up an envelope as I was cleaning around my desk this weekend and there were the tickets. AHHHHH, I totally forgot. Glad I didn’t throw them away. YIKES. Something to look forward to. Thanks for remembering (you’re awesome).

Gwen went to a neighboring high school and we graduated around the same time, so she is my last ray of hope that you can still rock it after 40. But in my dream she and Gavin were wearing matching baby blue leisure suits so I’m really not sure what that means. Probably that I ate WAY too much sugar yesterday.

Of course, I remembered Morrissey… I have high expectations of you guys having a fabulous time!!

• Stacey says:

WHAT A GREAT STORY! Well, I think you ROCK in so many ways.
            Ha Ha! If sugar makes you dream about Gavin… I need to have a cupcake … FAST! 🙂
            You’re hilarious!

For the love of all that is good I am SO behind in house decorations. I haven’t even bought my second little one a birthday present and her birthday is this weekend! Love your decor. Love the fall leaves. Now all I want to do is go get my damn wreath done already.