Over the last few months of working at a winery, I’ve been introduced to an amazing new wine and I’m planning on giving out several bottles this Christmas season. Wine is a great hostess gift and it’s perfect to have on hand for a last minute gift exchange. No one wants to find themselves in that dreaded “oh… you got me something and I have nothing for you” predicament. I know that’s not what gift giving is suppose to be about, but let’s face it… when you’re in the situation, it’s always awkward.
Since luck favors the prepared, here’s a no-sew wine wrap for that bottle you’ll be taking to your next gift exchange or holiday party.
Here’s what you’ll need for this quick little festive craft:
- 2 types of felt or flannel in coordinating colors
- Pinking Shears
- Glue Dots
1. Trim the base fabric to the width of the wine label. Mine is 5” wide and 11” long to wrap around the body of the bottle.
2. Using pinking shears, trim the second fabric to a desired width.
Pinking shears are awesome to work with because they give the edge a decorative finish while keeping the fabric from fraying.
3. Now wrap your wine bottle and secure in place with glue dots.
4. Glue dots can also be used to add some buttons for flare.
Now I’m ready to walk out the door to my next Christmas party or have guests drop by. Plus this looks pretty cute just sitting out on our kitchen counter.
Wine isn’t always for everyone and if that’s the case, I’ve got you covered. Here’s a few more hostess gift ideas that are great to whip up this time of year.
- Glass Etched Ornaments
- Monogrammed Napkin Rings
- Wood Gift Tag Ornaments
- Personalized Paperwhites
- White Christmas Decorated Plant
What is your favorite “go-to” hostess gift? How is your Christmas preparation going? There are only 16 days left … are you ready?
**This post contains affiliate links.