Cross My Heart

Almost every time I travel home, after several relaxing days, I inevitably start to itch to do something creative.  Without my sewing machine or a place to paint, I raid my mom’s needlepoint stash or hit up a local craft store.  On one of my last trips, I picked up this little guy.

LOVE

You would think after so many trips, I’d start bringing stuff to do.  And sometimes I do. Either way, once I get home, life gets busy and whatever project I am working on gets quickly stashed away.

Recently, I came across my little Arizona find and decided it was time to finish it up and get it framed for Valentine’s Day.

Framed Love

This makes me crazy happy to be able to add it to my February decorations.

However, since this isn’t my personal design, I thought it would be fun to send a little love your way with two of my own cross-stitch patterns.  I didn’t re-invent the wheel, but I did come up with something that you have my full permission to print and enjoy.

The first is two simple little hearts.

Two Hearts

Click for Pattern: Two Hearts

The second is a little XOXO action.  Hugs and Kisses from me to you.

XOXO

Click for Pattern:  XOXO

I used leftover aida cloth from my Christmas project and red and pink embroidery floss that I had around.  You can use any color for these projects, but I used DMC floss #309 (red) and #335 (pink)

Valentine's Supplies

I picked up these teal frames at Target – 2 for $3.99.  They are 2.5 x 3.5 inch and perfect for these designs. I also found the white one at Michael’s for $1.49.  Tiny frames are pretty easy to come by and the ones from Target come in a variety of colors.

Once the little projects were finished, I ironed them and then popped them into the frames.

These are seriously quick and simple to whip out.  I’m still trying to figure out how I didn’t finish the one on vacation.  Maybe it’s all the eating and sleeping getting in the way.

Framed Together

I like the variety of color and the opportunity to mix and match them.

More Framed Together

Note: I went back to Target for the pink frames and I picked up black ones too.

Two Hearts Framed

Every time I walk by this, it makes me smile.

XOXO Framed

So what kind of Valentine’s craftiness are you up to?  Do you decorate for February 14th? Do you get the creative bug on vacation?  Tell me I’m not the only one.

Love every stitch! The little frames just make them look wonderful. I love how special things look once you frame them. My favorite is the XO. I use that a lot in emails, cards, and notes… it just screams LOVE in a hip way.

• admin says:

Honestly, I LOVE the frames… maybe more than the little stitching I did, but don’t tell anyone I said that. The original design came with a cheap plastic frame and I was like “That’s not gonna work”. These are definitely more fun and I’m already thinking I want to do a little Halloween something with the black frames. I guess I have a few months to come up with something…

You know, I recently picked up the habit of making friendship bracelets out of Pyssla / Hanna beads and I find it so therapeutic to sit on the couch and do them. So I really admire you doing these b/c I think it’s something that’s a great craft but also something very soothing to complete. Or you could be like Woman are you nuts, do you know what happened in the making of this? 😉

• admin says:

Ha! For the most part, this is pretty relaxing and aside from occasionally pokiing myself, it’s fairly stress free. I did get pretty ticked that I added an extra row on the L. Don’t look at the photo. You’re gonna look at the photo, aren’t you? Seriously, this isn’t that complicated a piece and I managed to throw in an extra row. I tried to offset it with an extra row on the E, but don’t tell anyone. I mainly love to do needlepoint and cross-stitch, because it reminds me of my mom and home. I’ve been doing it since I was 10 and I enjoy the challenge of doing it without our home looking like granny’s house.

Tess makes friendship bracelets all the time and I love them! I think you need to do a blog post about what you are up to. I still think your stamped metal jewelry is way cool.

Hey! It’s the Philadelphia love sculpture! In cross stitch!! Too adorable. And way cheaper than the real thing. I need that white frame. Too bad it’s not 40x the size…

Alex cracks me up—woman are you nuts? As though possibly needlepoint-terror erupted unexpectedly.

• admin says:

Are you kidding me… type A women with sharp pointy things, you KNOW terror is going to erupt and yarn and hoops are going to be flying! It’s a VERY dangerous hobby.

• admin says:

Pam… if you make these, message me the link. I’d love to see it! Also, I could see a mini quilt square being extra cute in one of these frames.

Thanks Angelica! Honestly, I’m not sure what size the Aida count is on this project. Looking at it, it’s most likely 16 count. One of the things that I enjoy about the simple projects that I share here is that they are completely customizable. Most of what I use is whatever scrap Aida and thread that I have left over from other projects.

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!